Privacy statement & policy
(last updated on 18.05.2018)
Lerian respects your privacy and ensures that you can entrust your personal data to us.
During your contact with us, certain data about you are collected and processed. Since you can be identified as a person based on those data, they are ‘personal data’.
Below we will provide you with all information on which personal data Lerian processes and how we handle those data.
This Privacy Statement & Policy
Personal data collected by Lerian
Processing of personal data by Lerian
Sharing of personal data by Lerian
Lerian’s security policy
1. This Privacy Statement & Policy
This Privacy Statement & Policy applies to all of your personal data that Lerian collects and processes.
By using Lerian’s full or mobile website, apps, webshops and other products and services, you agree that this Privacy Statement & Policy applies to the personal data processed by Lerian.
Lerian reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement & Policy at any time. The applicable version can always be consulted on Lerian’s website.
2. Personal data collected by Lerian
We may collect and process personal data in various ways. These data include but are not limited to:
Data you provide directly to Lerian
- identification and contact information: surname, first name(s), address, e-mail address, telephone or mobile number, gender, etc.;
- financial information: bank account number, BIC code, account holder’s name, etc.;
- login data relating to a user account: user name, e-mail address, password, etc.;
- information about the products and/or services you wish to order, favourite products or services, interests, preferences you wish to pass on to us;
- complaints or feedback through our support channels about your experience with Lerian, comments, suggestions, testimonials and all other feedback;
- other data and content that you exchange, communicate and share via the Lerian products, full or mobile websites, apps and webshops, including text, images, sound recordings, etc.
Data that you provide by using the full or mobile websites and webshops
When you use Lerian’s full or mobile websites, the following information may be processed: data that you enter yourself on the websites or in the apps and other data to which you give Lerian access (such as location data, etc.).
Data from other sources
Lerian may also collect and process data from other sources, including by purchasing or renting data that are collected by suppliers specialising in this area, Lerian’s partners, public sources, social media, etc. Both your and Lerian’s use of social media channels will be subject to the rules and preference settings of the providers.
Lerian’s websites may contain links to other websites. Those websites are possibly not managed by Lerian and may have their own privacy statements or policies. Lerian strongly advises you to read those statements or policies and cannot assume responsibility for those third-party websites.
You are not obliged to provide Lerian with your data or to agree to any processing. Nevertheless, it will be necessary in certain cases to communicate personal data to Lerian (including your name, address, e-mail address, etc.), so that a proper service can be provided, and the applicable legislation can be observed.
3. Processing of personal data by Lerian
Lerian processes personal data for the following purposes:
- concluding and executing an agreement with you (such as ordering products and/or services, creating a user account, etc.), as well as invoicing and following up on and collecting those invoices, whether or not through third parties;
- enabling the exchange, creation and removal of certain information and/or the contact with other users on full and mobile websites, webshops, etc.;
- help desk;
- continuously improving, maintaining and optimising our products, services, full and mobile websites and their security, as well as optimising Lerian’s general, commercial and marketing strategies;
- personalising the products and/or services and associated support services, user information, service messages or further related electronic or other messages to be delivered to you;
- sending targeted advertisements, newsletters and information that are optimally tailored to you. Lerian may bundle your preferences and interests into a profile for this purpose. Lerian will always request your prior consent before using advanced profiling techniques;
- complying with the regulations applicable to Lerian in the broadest sense;
- other specific purposes for which separate consent may be requested.
4. Sharing of personal data by Lerian
Lerian may exchange the personal data that are processed with parent companies, sister companies and subsidiaries within its own group in Belgium.
Personal data may also be shared with partners, suppliers or other agents of Lerian if processing by those third parties is necessary for the creation, performance, use, purchase, access or handling of products, services, full or mobile websites, webshops, etc. The necessary agreements are always concluded with these partners, suppliers or other agents to restrict the use and processing of your personal data and guarantee the adequate protection of your personal data.
If your consent is required by law or we believe your consent is appropriate for certain circumstances, we will always request your consent before sharing or transmitting your personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area.
Your personal data will only be disclosed in accordance with this Privacy Statement & Policy and/or if it is required by law. In rare instances, Lerian may be required to disclose your personal information under a court order or to comply with other compelling laws or regulations. Lerian will reasonably attempt to inform you about this in advance, unless legal restrictions apply.
Our partners, suppliers or other agents may only use your personal data to send you offers, newsletters and other commercial information if you have given separate consent for that purpose. If you no longer wish to receive this information, you can always contact those third parties to cease this use of your personal data (see article 8 of this Privacy Statement & Policy).
Lastly, personal data can also be anonymised and shared with third parties. In that case, it will never be possible to identify you on the basis of those anonymised data.
5. Your rights
You are always entitled to access and rectify your personal data that are processed by Lerian.
You are also entitled to deletion of your personal data, restriction of the processing of your personal data and data portability, insofar as this is provided for in the applicable regulations.
You may withdraw your consent for certain processing operations at any time and object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. You also have the right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing, the transfer of your personal data to third parties (when this transfer is not necessary for the provision of Lerian’s services) and the creation of your profile.
For this purpose, you can contact Lerian using the contact information as set out in article 8 of this Privacy Statement & Policy.
You are further entitled to file a complaint with the supervisory authority: privacycommission.be. (Drukpersstraat/Rue de La Presse 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel. +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35)
6. Lerian’s security policy
In order to protect your personal data in the best possible way, Lerian implements all reasonable measures and applies best practices to prevent the loss, misuse, disclosure, unauthorised access or alteration of these personal data. The necessary measures are implemented at both a technical and organisational level to ensure an adequate level of security.
Payment data are always protected in accordance with the standard encryption methods used to protect sensitive financial information.
Lerian will not store your data longer than necessary for its processing, taking into account its contractual and statutory obligations with respect to these data and its mission to be able to correctly answer customer inquiries, improve the quality of products and services and comply with its own statutory obligations.
7. Minors (children under 16 years of age)
Lerian never knowingly collects or processes the personal data of minors without the consent of a parent or guardian, which must be given to use Lerian’s products, services, full and mobile websites, webshops, etc. and then to exercise the rights in relation to the minor’s data.
If personal data of minors are nevertheless processed in good faith, Lerian will delete those data from its files as soon as possible after becoming aware of this fact.
8. Contact details
Tel: +32 (0) 2 217 37 47