To practise English in an informal manner
Conversation tables English: the focus is on fluency and communication. In the first lesson the trainer and the participants draw up a list with subjects for discussion to be offered during the sessions. Subjects can also be added or removed as the course goes on. For each session the trainer will provide the participants with preparation materials (e.g. newspaper articles, web sites, television and radio programmes). The participants can also provide material.
Examples of business-oriented subjects for conversations:
- Dealing with different generations and cultures in your company
- The meeting culture in your company
- What will your company look like in 20 years? ("Building the future together")
- Mobility (How do you get to work? Do you often end up in traffic jams? Do you think that there are alternative solutions to congestion? How do you feel about using public transport?)
Suggestions for skill-oriented conversation subjects:
- Role-playing and simulations for telephone calls (taking or leaving a message, making an appointment, asking for information, etc.)
- Simulation of a meeting/negotiation
1 hour = 60 minutes
Group (3 to 8 participants)
English (this course is also available for Dutch, German and French).
At the start of the English course, you receive access to our online e-learning platform where you will find weekly exercises tailored to your language level.
You’ll also have access to the e-lexica, where you can practice specific business vocabulary through a series of drills (e.g. EU terminology, financial terminology, HR terminology, IT terminology, legal terminology, marketing terminology, negotiating terminology, telephone expressions, etc.).
Rapid planning based on your availability.
The course can take place online (Teams, Zoom or Webex), in your office or at our training centres in Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp or Liege.